All Indian residents may review our India-specific KYC guide available here.
Before commencing the below process, please ensure that the name, date of birth and address in your PlayWallet account reflect what is on your KYC documentation. If these details do not match you will not pass KYC verification.
If you have any difficulties reading this guide, please view this video for an overview of the process.
Please note that in order to pass KYC verification we are required to confirm your name and address or date of birth.
We require the following:
A photograph (NOT a scanned copy) of at least one government-issued photo ID that includes your name, DOB and/or address
A selfie that includes you holding the government-issued ID without obstruction. This selfie only needs to clearly show your face and the ID.
If your government-issued ID does not contain DOB or address, you must also supply a supporting ID document that includes your name with either DOB or address
It will then prompt you to:
- Select your government-issued photo ID that contains your name and DOB or address and enter the ID number
- Take a close-up picture of it and then check a box
- Take a selfie (face only) holding the ID; a clear view without obstruction and then check a box
- Enter the name of the type of supporting document and its number if your government-issued photo ID does not contain either your DOB or address
- Take a close-up photo of your supporting ID if supplied and then check a box
- Attach the photo of your government issued ID and then check a box
- Attach the selfie holding your government issued ID and then check this box
- Check a box if you don't need to provide any Supporting ID, or
- Check a box when you have attached any supporting ID, attach the photo of it and then check this box.
With regard to the attachments, please attach each file as an individual attachment and ensure that all images are clear. It would help if you take the time to label each attachment so we know what it is. JPEG format is preferred, especially if it can be copied into the field itself.
It is most important that we are able to view the document image, name and date of birth. Mind the flash on your camera. If we cannot see your image on the ID clearly, we will ask you to resubmit. Please take the time to ensure we can see all the important details required prior to your submission to ensure a speedy process for both parties.
Please follow these instructions in order to complete the KYC process.
- Go to the PlayWallet and check your profile has the same details as the information on the IDs that you are going to supply and take a screenshot of it
- Go to PlayWallet Support, create an account (if you don't already have one) - you must use the same email address as your PlayWallet account
- Submit a KYC Submission ticket
- Complete the ticket details as described above
We will then perform the KYC checks and if they pass, we will mark your PlayWallet account as Verified and advise you via email.
If you follow the instructions above carefully, we are very likely to be able to verify you without having to ask for subsequent information.
Detailed instructions are below:
1. Go to the PlayWallet Support Portal
2. You will receive an email asking you to verify the address, click the activation link
3. Log in to the PlayWallet support desk using your account credentials
4. Click “New Support Ticket”
5. Once the ticket has been opened select “KYC Verification” from the Request Category menu
6. Fill out the entirety of the KYC application and submit the photo ID, any supplementary documentation and selfie using the 'Attach a file' link at the bottom of the form. If you are able to copy and paste the images of your documents into the text field itself, rather than attach them as images, it will help make the process a lot faster. Please submit as JPGs where possible.
If you cannot see your country in the list provided, please select "Other". Please note that the DOB field is tricky. Click the oldest year you can, then go back into the field and continue to click back until you reach your year. Once you have verified that the data you have entered is correct click the 'Submit' button.
In this field be sure to write what IDs you are attaching.
Once you have submitted all of your documentation, please allow for up to 5-10 working days to complete full KYC and AML verification. Once this has been done you will be notified by email that KYC has been completed.
If you have any questions regarding the KYC/AML procedure, please feel to submit them via support ticket with PlayWallet Support. If you wish to enquire about the status of your submission, please read the What does my ticket status mean? FAQ. If you want to enquire directly with us after reading this FAQ, please respond directly to the ticket itself, which is found in the "Tickets" section of PlayWallet Support.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.